Why everyone is judging Surface Pro by Apple standards?
You can do it this way:
- Surface Pro is thicker and heavier than iPad
- Surface Pro has worse battery life than iPad
- Surface Pro is less comfortable on your laps than MacBook Air
Or that way:
- Surface Pro is lighter and thinner than MacBook Air
- Surface Pro has comparable battery life to MacBook Air
- Surface Pro has much more comfortable keyboard input than iPad
- Surface Pro is much faster, powerful and versatile than iPad
- Surface Pro has digitizer
Microsoft brought a new category of devices. Surface Pro is not a tablet (in Apple iPad's sense) and it is not a laptop (in MacBook Air's sense). So there is no point in comparing it DIRECTLY to these devices and showing all the disadvantages.
Every device is a "compromise". When you're reviewing an iPad you don't give it a negative score just because it's not a laptop. When you're reviewing a MacBook Air, you don't complain about lack of digitizer and tablet mode.
So... when you judge a Surface Pro, remember that it is a HYBRID. A new category.
PS: Imagine a iPhone getting poor reviews due to lack of the physical keyboard...
What do you think, guys?