What No Compromise Is For Me
Microsoft really likes to throw the phrase "no compromises" around. The Surface Pro is very compromised IMO. It has poor battery, hard-to-use desktop software with touch, and it has poor hardware decisions like the Kickstand and the magnetic attachment of the pen.
I was originally going to get the Surface just to use its pen as a Wacom tablet, but I have decided to wait because I believe it has a lot of potential. This may be possible with Haswell, but more likely Broadwell in another year.
What is no compromise?
I think a no compromise tablet/laptop would be:
- 7hr+ battery life in desktop mode, 10hr+ in metro
- Thin and light to be less awkward as a tablet, at least .35" thick, and 1.5lbs.
- A kickstand that is more flexible
- 2560 x 1440p display, 1.8x system zoom, I can still see the pixels at 20" and that annoys me.
- 256GB storage option
- Better pen attachment option
- Better desktop support for hiDPI, it is really bad right now and needs to improve
- an application that converts handwriting as you write