In other news....Google I/O Predictions
So I love the Verge forums, but things have been hostile here lately. The Pixel Review comments have turned into a full out troll happy flame fest, and honestly there is a lot of angry people people floating around. I figured we can talk about something more positive...hopefully.
Well as we inch up to the usual niceties of Google I/O this year, I figured we can start another, "What do you predict thread" as the other have been since buried. Yeah MWC is underway but honestly it is nothing I do not expect, all the new mid range Android phones running software we are all familiar with.
So My predictions..
1. The obvious unveiling of Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Bringing...
- Unified Messaging
- More Google Now Features with hopefully a 3rd Party API
- Complete removal of the Tron Theme
- Bluetooth 4.0 Support with AVRCP
- Complete UI overhall of Google Apps (Maps, GMail, etc...)
- Full Screen browing and major performance update for Chrome browser
- Gen 2 Nexus 7 with faster processor and a camera, and a LED notification light
- White Nexus 4 (I predict this will be the giveaway)
- Running Android 5.0 KLM with a Google Chrome Skin
- Ability to dock phone to run full Chrome OS
- Aluminum/Metal Design
- Updated Interface
- Miracast Support
- Streaming Netflix like TV/Movie service
- Major developer announcement for Chrome OS