Sidebar - Android Multitasking Revamped
Recently I've been browsing around for an app to increase my work flow and aesthetically as pleasing as the Ubuntu sidebar. Happy to say that I've found just that and more in this app called Sidebar Pro/Sidebar Lite by Mohammad Adib. Exactly as the name says, this app is a floating sidebar, floating in that it can be pulled even when you're in another app, that allows for the option to add apps and open them from anywhere. The great, original, feature is that you can also add toggles as well. For example, lets say you were playing an online game and for whatever reason you lose connection to your carrier data but you have WiFi. You can just immediately toggle WiFi on directly from Sidebar one you add the toggle. Also, lets say you don't have the Torch/Flashlight toggle in your notification dash, you can immediately toggle that on and off as well via Sidebar. Along with the awesome features, the customization is pretty vast on the Pro version of the app. You can change the colors, opacity, height/width of the area to pull the bar out and many more. Long story short, love the app and thought it should get a little more attention than its gotten. I take no credit for the app, all goes to this great dev Mohammad Adib.
- Fast, fluid, and immersive animations are integrated within Sidebar that keep it as quick as possible, yet help to add a dash of elegance to its presence.
- A simple Add button appended at the end of the sidebar summons a menu listing all the apps installed on your system. Simply pick an app, and it will be added to the sidebar for quick access.
- To dock the sidebar, simply select an app or touch outside
- To remove an app, simply swipe it out of the sidebar! Alternatively, long pressing will bring up further options such as inserting and replacing.
- Add widgets: many widgets/toggles are included (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sound, Rotation, Brightness, Torch, and Recent Apps)
- Recent Apps: Dedicated widget added since version 2.6 - displays a bottom sidebar with recent tasks.
- Starting on boot
- Adjusting the width & opacity of the bar
- Adjusting the color scheme & position
- Enabling/Disabling animations
- Adjusting the swipe sensitivity
- Enabling/Disabling vibration
Sidebar Pro lifts the limitations put on the lite version and opens access to new customizability as well as functionality - elevating sidebar, to its most impeccable and pure state.
Sidebar is in constant development. Development began as soon as the idea stemmed well before the debut of Ubuntu Phone and recent such apps. The developer ensures a smooth and polished experience to every single user. User experience is key in making Sidebar the perfect multitasking app for Android. Credit goes to Mark Wei for his StandOut Library.