Tips and Tricks to Make Working on Your iPhone Easier
Your iPhone 5 may be the best thing that’s ever happened to your very on-the-go lifestyle. Not only is the iPhone 5 better with a bigger screen, it’s also more functional than most smartphones in the market because of its form factor. In fact, with its great hardware design and rich software, it’s not surprising that a lot of people use their iPhone 5 for work purposes. But while the iPhone 5 is great for your working needs, there are still some ways to make your job easier! Try these iPhone 5 tips and tricks!
Tips on Maximizing Your iPhone 5’s Battery Life
- You may not know it, but your iPhone’s LTE quickly drains the batteries. This is because the iPhone 5 was programmed to keep searching for cellular signals around you, even when you’re not using your mobile Internet. To save on battery life, turn off your iPhone 5’s LTE settings by going to Settings > General > Cellular and sliding across the Yes or No options in Enable LTE.
- A lot of iPhone 5 users were exasperated after finding out that their iPhone loses battery power even during the night as they are sleeping. If you’re suffering from the same problem, the best solution you can try is to give your iPhone a breather from all notifications, messages and calls when you sleep. You can try the iPhone 5’s “Do Not Disturb” feature. All you have to do is to go to Settings and tap on Do Not Disturb. Once you enable this feature, you’ll be able to specify the hours that you want your iPhone to “keep quiet” and choose whether you want to be notified of repeated calls. You’ll also be able to cherry pick whichever contacts you still want to receive messages and calls from.
- Another way of saving your battery is by disabling email, text and stock widget notifications on your iPhone. Go to Mail, Contacts or Calendar and tap on the app’s settings. Then, choose Fetch New Data and tweak the settings so you will receive your notifications only once in a while.
Tips on Typing Faster on Your iPhone 5
- The best way to type faster is to make your own keyboard shortcuts for phrases and sentences that you usually use for typing out texts or emails. To do this go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Shortcuts and make your own shortcuts!
- Not a lot of iPhone 5 owners know this but you can actually delete all the texts in your email drafts or SMS simply by shaking your phone and selecting Undo Typing from the menu that pops up! This way you don’t have to highlight all the words you need to delete (if you’re deleting them all).
- If you like putting emoticons in your messages and you’re taking too long typing them (or finding the symbols on your keyboard), you can actually designate another keyboard solely for Emojis or emoticons. Tap on Settings > General > Keyboard > International Keyboards and select Emoji Icons Keyboard. So every time you tap on the globe button on your keyboard you’ll be able to access a keyboard full of emoticons.