There really is no point in upgrading your phone this year
- The new phones this year don't allow you to run any new games that can't be run on older phones
- There aren't any really new experiences that you would use daily
- HSPA+ and LTE aren't available anywhere and even more spotty overseas
- Your current phone can check weather, email and Facebook perfectly fine
- No one in your family can tell that your camera phone is "better"
I know the people on this site don't want to hear it but I don't really see why you would upgrade your phone if you are on anything other than a G1. Even my old Droid runs perfectly fine and can run all the apps that I need.