Here you go, Microsoft. A free ad campaign idea...
A nice, simple "day in the life" commercial.
Picture a professional, mid-thirties male. Show these shots in the following order:
- Eating breakfast while reading the news and checking the weather on his Surface Pro.
- Reading a Kindle book on his Surface Pro on the Subway.
- Listening to Xbox Music while walking from the Subway into his downtown Manhattan office.
- Sets down Surface Pro on his desk and boots up Microsoft Office in desktop mode.
- Wide shot from behind Surface Pro showing our hero working on his Surface Pro.
- Fade in new tagline: "Surface Pro: Work Hard. Play Hard."
Other optional shots for the extended cut:
- Casual gaming on the go.
- SmartGlass'ing a movie onto an HDTV.
- Playing Black Ops 2 on a Surface Pro with an Xbox wireless controller.
- Skype video chat with family members or girlfriend.
- Netflix while laying in bed.
Now proceed to recycle this formula with:
- A female artist
- A college student
- A grandparent
- A stay-at-home mom
- A small-business owner
Or, you know, you could just show people dancing with it. That might work.