Macbook Air for photo editing? Or Pro?
My 2009 Macbook is now painfully slow, even crashing sometimes too. Yesterday it was taking upwards of 30 seconds to export a photo from Lightroom, with lots of spinning color wheel. Even switching to the next picture was taking 5-10 seconds. It never used to be this bad but yeh, I think my Macbook is dying.
So my question is this.. does anyone use a Macbook Air for photo editing? I am basically torn between the Air and the Pro. The Air because I love the design and how thin and light it is, and now with Haswell it has that crazy 12 hour+ battery life. The Pro is obviously tempting because it is much more powerful, and I'm worried the Air won't be powerful enough. The Air is €1300 and the Pro is €1200, here are the specs for both:
13": 256 GB
- 1,3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 Prozessor
- Turbo Boost bis zu 2,6 GHz
- Intel HD Graphics 5000
- 4 GB Arbeitsspeicher
- 256 GB Flash-Speicher1
13": 2,5 GHz
- 2,5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
- Turbo Boost bis zu 3,1 GHz
- 4 GB 1600 MHz Arbeitsspeicher
- 500 GB Festplatte mit 5400 U/Min.1
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Integrierte Batterie (7 Stunden)2