Windows 8 on a very old laptop
I would like to know if it's possible to install Windows 8 x32 on a 8-years old Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO A1650G that I don't use anymore. Now it runs Windows XP with just 512 MB of RAM (I have a friend that can give me 2 GB for free) and honestly it sucks. I would give it to my mom for Internet, mail, Word and things like that.
These are the specs:
- AMD Turion 64 ML-32 (1.8 Ghz);
- 512 MB RAM PC2700 (2 GB soon);
- 15.4'' TFT WXGA (1280x800) screen;
- ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress 200M video card (128 MB shared RAM);
- 60 GB 4200 RPM HDD (I know, it's terrible);
- NEC DVD-RW optical drive;
- AC'97 V2.3 audio;
- Ethernet 10/100, WLAN 802.11b/g;
- 4 x USB 2.0, PCMCIA, card reader, FireWire, S-Video out, VGA out;
- 6 cells Li-Ion battery, 3.6V / 2200mAH;
What do you think?
Thank you very much!!