15" 1080p Ultrabook (Or just very thin laptop)
So my current ASUS G55 is a hulking 8+ pound monster that, while I love for its power and flexibility, I can't stand carrying it around every day. With its power cord, it's a huge 10 pound weight in my bag, and it's awkwardly large (Something like 2 inches at its thickest point, and with the general dimensions of a 17" laptop despite being a 15" machine)
For anyone looking for a gaming laptop, I can't recommend it enough. But I need something more portable. I have a few requirements that I'm looking for, and I'm wondering if anyone can help me find the right laptop for me.
Things that are really important:
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 or better
- Screen Size: 15.6" preferred, 14" considerable, 13.3" feels too small for me (But the Acer S7 looks tempting!!)
- CPU: Ivy Bridge i5 is fine with me. I'm willing to buy an older model if the cost savings is significant enough (Say $350+ off the Haswell model). Of course, Haswell is preferred if the cost isn't much higher. No AMD please, as much as I hate to say it.
- Portability: If we can keep it around 4 pounds, and about 3/4 of an inch thick or less, I'll be happy. But I'm not sure how realistic that is at 15"...
Things that are less important, but I still care:
- Screen Tech: IPS or PLS preferred, TFT is fine as long as color and viewing angles are good.
- Keyboard/Touchpad: They just need to be good. This is the main reason why I didn't buy a Vizio CT15-A2. (Dammit, everything else about that computer looks amazing though)