which haswell ultra book with matte display for ubuntu, as macbook air alternative?
- 13" MATTE screen, resolution bigger as 1440x900
- min 240gb ssd or (ideally) a replaceable drive (2,5")
- haswell i7 (i5 might work too, but i want to be future proof) chip as i want the newest chip technology and good battery life,
- backlit keyboard
- ubuntu friendly hardware like the dell sputnik (xps 13 developer edition)
- availability in continental europe (germany)
- bonus, lte/hspa modem integrated, have seen this, but not a necessity
i currently have a heavy 15" 2012 macbook pro with a matte screen, 2,7ghz quad core i7,gt 650m 1gb, 8gb ram a 240gb ssd and a 750gb hdd in the optibay.
this setup is fantastic, but way to heavy for me to carry, as i move around quite a bit with my macbook. i would also like to sell it and use the extra money for other purposes...
as i like the macbook pro, the macbook air 13" is logically the alternative.i thought that i really need the powerful extra gpu, but now i think i don't really need it that much. i still play some games sometimes, but rarely, if i could get a good gpu while still having a lightweight laptop it would be ideal. that the air has a glossy screen is a dealbreaker though. i know it's not as glossy as the macbook pro ones, but i just love my current matte 1680x1500 screen and i can't stand having a mirror in a laptop.
what ultra light laptops are out there, that are good for running ubuntu and fit my requirements?
i use my macbook for internet, movies, music playback and photography and the occasional gaming session.
can you help me out there?
the lenovo ones that would qualify all have glossy screens, same as dell's xps13.
thank you very much!