Should Steven Sinofsky be brought back and made CEO of Microsoft
There has been tremendous buzz going on around the internet about who is going to become the new CEO of Microsoft, both insiders and outsiders are being suggested. I was wondering how it would be to bring back Steven Sinofsky and make him the CEO ! He has many good points going for him.
1) He has managed Office and Windows team for many years and every product he has delivered has been remarkably stable compared to previous MS version which were prone to crashes/bugs etc.
2) He has delivered most releases on time which is a rare thing for MS.
3) He has been very transparent and forthright about everything and has made incredibly detailed blog posts about the development of Windows 7 and 8. This can be a good quality for a CEO.
4) He has a very likeable personality and people respect him a lot ( atleast outside MS)
5) Insiders have said he is a control freak and autocratic but even Steve jobs was and at the end of the day delivering a successful product is what matters for an organization.
6) I have read some his blog posts on http://blog.learningbyshipping.com/ and he seems to have exceptional insights about management and technical aspects of running an organization (though not sure about the sales and marketing part of it).
Among all other suggested names i feel Sinofsky is a really strong contender and at least MS should consider him as a probable candidate for the top post.