Spilled water on Notebook: USB Ports not working

Hey everyone,

So yesterday my sister spilled a cup of water over the right-hand side of her notebook, I believe it was over the keyboard. I'm not sure whether or not she immediately turned it off, but she may have done so after a few minutes. Her and my father turned it upside down and left it to dry with the battery still connected.

Fast-forward a couple of hours and she's found that the USB ports aren't working at all. It's only the USB ports. The VGA, Ethernet, and HDMI ports are all fine. I suggested to her that there was still some liquid inside the case and it's probably a result of water-damage. Strangely, the computer also began to fail to respond to the power-button, but a quick removal of the battery fixed the problem immediately.

I've left it in a dry, warm room all night with the battery disconnected in some hopes that it would help the rest of the moisture evaporate.

I'm really not sure what to do at the moment. The year-long warranty will be running out right around this time (not sure of the exact date) and I'm still not sure exactly what is broken. If you have any ideas about what I should do please let me know!