What do the WP8.1 leaks tell us about future hardware?
So far I have found three pieces of leaked information on WP8.1 that could tell us something about what types of hardware the OS might run on in the future.
- WP8.1 supports resolutions as small as 384x640 and as large as 1440x2560
- On-screen navigation buttons
- Universal apps
So my guess is, that
- Microsoft might be planning on using the OS for very small portable devices in the future (wearable?)
- The support for large super-high-res screens may be a useful for either super-high-res phones/phablets or (more likely) tablets (WP-WRT-merge)
- We already know that Nokia is going to release a device that has on-screen buttons instead of physical ones. I'm wondering whether on-screen buttons will be the preferred standard with future WP devices? Clean button-less design could become a new distinctive signature feature for WP devices.
What are your guesses?