What are your former devices?
We all know everyone started before the original iPhone was released and how you had the old Nokia phones from the 90s. What I want to discuss with people, though, is the what have you had SINCE the iPhone was released? Give us your smartphone list.
My list in order from oldest to newest:
- iPhone 3G
- Motorola Droid
- Motorola Droid X
- Galaxy Nexus
- Galaxy S3
- Nexus 5
What kind of interesting trend do you see in your own device ownership? Have you owned devices with landscape keyboards? Have you only owned Apple or Microsoft devices? Any interesting stories about your device ownership?
- I find it interesting that I never went down in screen size from 3.5" -> 3.7" -> 4.3" -> 4.65" -> 4.8" -> 4.95".
- I changed from iOS to Android based mainly on the reviews of Google Maps on the OG Droid since I had (and still haven't) never owned a standalone GPS and read Joshua Topolsky's Motorola Droid review on Engadget.
- The Nexus 5 and the OG Droid are also the only devices from the list that I still own.
- I actually stood in line for the iPhone 3G and received the last one available at the AT&T store I was at. People tried offering me at least $100 more than what I paid for the phone so they could get it on the same day.
- I once dropped my Droid X three stories and when I finally reached it, it only had a dent on the side and the screen was still perfect.