Going from iOS to Windows Phone
Last year, I upgraded from my iPad 2 to a Surface 2 and I'm really satisfied with. I also bought and Xbox One and switched from Spotify to Xbox Music because that service had apps for all my devices. I also have a desktop running Windows 8.1. Needless to say, I'm pretty heavily invested in the Microsoft ecosystem all but for my phone. I have an iPhone 5 but I'm not sure that I want to upgrade to the next iPhone. I've been looking at Nokia devices since they supposed have good build quality and they offer their phone in a variety of attractive colors. I would buy one of the high end devices like the Icon, 930, 1020, 1520, or even the rumored "McClaren" phone. However, I have a few concerns which I've listed below:
1. Battery Life: How do these devices compare against the iPhone 5 or the HTC One M8? I want my next phone to last longer than my iPhone does.
2. Bluetooth Audio: I have a 2009 F-150 with Microsoft Sync. It works great with my iPhone. If I get a Windows Phone device I want it to work just as good.
3. Turn by turn navigation: I usually use the GPS on my phone since I have Bluetooth audio. Does Nokia or Microsoft have a good turn by turn navigation app? And if so, how does it compare to Google Maps on the iPhone or an Android device?
4. Passbook: I know this might be dumb but I've found Passbook on iPhone to be useful for boarding passes at the airport. Does Windows Phone have something similar that is useful?
5. Podcasts: I use my phone to listen to a lot podcasts. I wish Windows RT had a good podcast app too.
I don't know anyone who has a Windows Phone running 8 or 8.1, Best Buy in my area doesn't carry Windows Phone devices, and the closest Microsoft Store is in Cleveland (I'm from Pittsburgh). I'd appreciate the help because those Nokia devices are downright sexy in red.
Also, if any of you have switched from iOS to Windows Phone, what do you think of it? What was good/bad from the switch and is your next phone going to be running Windows Phone?
Btw, these are only a few of my questions about switching from iOS to Windows Phone. If I have any more, I'll post below.