Surface Pro 3 arrived.
I purchased the i5/128 GB version and I've been using it for 3.5 hours.
Some quick notes:
- Light for its size.
- Love the extra screen space as a tablet. It feels like the equivalent to a big screen TV experience. It won't replace your Kindle in bed, nor should it.
- No idea about battery life yet. I've kept it plugged up.
- Pen writing is slick.
- Writing this on the type cover, it works fine on my lap. It's not ideal for writing a large stretch of text, but it works fine for light-medium duty work. The flex is minimal that is brought up in reviews.
- That hinge is probably one of the most innovative exterior features of any tablet available.
- I can sense the stereo separation from the speakers. They're still tablet speakers, though.
- Install of updates and patches took about 20 minutes. Like any other full PC, it will take a little time to install updates and index the files once you start it up.
- This thing is just kick ass.
- This thing is just kick ass. :-D
Looking forward to spending more time with it this weekend and put it through its paces.