Are you in the Android clan?0 posts
Even though you could technically claim that Piracy is not explicitly stealing. And even thought it could be semantically correct. Its still stealing at the bottom since what you copy has value.
Potential loses does exist. If for some reason all torrent or place where you could piracy stuff closes. Will you claim that there wouldn’t be any rise in content sales number?
So you repeated my point for me on that first one. Others can give it away, why aren’t you selling it?
Uh, Let forget the fact that the “Other guy” don’t have right to distribute it?
Secondly, no, when you pirate you are not stealing. The Supreme Court has ruled on the matter and copyright infringing goods (be they digital or physical) are not and cannot be conflated with stolen goods or theft. The value is irrelevant. No theft has occurred and nothing has been stolen.
Eventhough you could claim that piracy isn’t explicitly stealing. You know it is stealing. You stole value.
And to the third point. Yes, You are right. But still, you are not entitled to it. They don’t have obligation to provide it to you. And you don’t have right to piracy it.
Only one from Top 10,000 non-pornography files in The Pirate Bay are legal.
It’s one of these host file that block “bad seeder”
You’re correct. According to a report in 2011, of the top 10, 000 most popular non-pornography files, 99.24% were copyrighted material. The rest were unknown (0.75%) and non-copyrighted (0.01%). Citation on pg. 12.
Link to reddit Comment
But don’t complain that others are giving it away to those who want it when you don’t even want to offer it in the first place.
Other people, that don’t have right to give the stuff, especially for free
Well, isn’t it the same as not watching them? Either way they don’t get money.
They don’t get any money, true. But when you pirated stuff, you steal from them. Even if it cost nothing to copy file in this digital age*. It still has value since obviously if it doesn’t have value. You would not want it
*Never mind the fact that movie have very large upfront cost.
You could always buy movie from iTunes. They seem to have pretty decent library for me. Or just stream it on Netflix
17 days ago on The Pirate Bay of the Caribbean: torrent site shifts domain to Sint Maarten 2 replies 1 recommend
The studios deserve loose money to piracy by not making their content widely available through online providers.
Wait, So because the Studio don’t provide you access to their media collection online. You decided to pirate their movie. Instead of simply not watching them?
The most memorable ad (In my opinion), are the one that successfully linked the product to an idea/movement . Not just showcasing the product itself.
Case example : Apple 1984 Ad.
19 days ago on Microsoft creates an Apple vs. Samsung wedding fight for its new Windows Phone ad 4 replies 6 recommends
I don’t consider myself an “Reddit expert”. But didn’t reddit “worship” 4chan as some kind of Internet troll demigod and as “the original source of all meme” ?
26 days ago on Shooting threat at 4chan leads to arrest, closure of over 20 Dutch schools 1 reply 2 recommends
Reddit isn’t much better than 4chan. Urban Dictionary sum it best.
26 days ago on Shooting threat at 4chan leads to arrest, closure of over 20 Dutch schools 1 reply 48 recommends
Plus, the idea of Universal Background check are relatively new to the average American public. I’m not sure the disadvantages and the negative effect of background check (and the fact that it will lead to a gun registry in order to be effective measure) are properly explained to the public.
It’s like taxes, Everybody want lower taxes but don’t realize that it will impact entitlement spending. Less Welfare check and social security.
29 days ago on Taking gun control to the tweets: can tech mogul Ron Conway use social media to oust 45 senators? 3 replies 11 recommends
Maybe because we are racking more debt faster than ever, and interest rate won’t stay low forever?
In ten year, If we continue to this level of spending, we will spend more money for just paying the interest on our debt than what we will spend on defense and entitlement spending. I’m not saying that debt is bad. But too much debt is bad.
I’m not an economist. So it just my 2cent.
29 days ago on Taking gun control to the tweets: can tech mogul Ron Conway use social media to oust 45 senators? 2 replies 11 recommends
Norway are Scandinavians countries. But there other countries than Norway in :Scandinavians country". You know what he mean when he/she type “Scandinavians” and “Oil”
Are you going to claim that the Oil money don’t impact Norway in any way? The Oil money sure give you one of the world largest sovereign wealth fund.