The MeeGo Harmattan OS' days might be numbered, but what glorious days they'll be for Nokia N9-owning renegades. Especially now, with the PR1.1 update out as promised. We had a brief hands-on with it back at Nokia World. True to its word, version 20.2011.40-4 brings a number of updates including NFC tag reading, enhanced music controls, a Swype keyboard, and a few other worthy features described below:
- NFC tag reading to instantly interact with NFC tags
- Music controls on lock screen
- Photo and video shooting with color filters: black & white, sepia, vivid, negative, solarize
- More powerful multitasking with improved memory handling
- Swype for fast typing
- Faster MfE synch, synchronizing only active folders
- Noise cancellation reduces background noise so that your friends hear you better
- Close apps easily with swiping down, now on by default
- New indicators for standby screen like charging and calendar etc.
The over-the-air rollout targets specific regions and carriers, so hold tight and keep checking Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications until your number comes up.