"What do you reach for? ART! That's what I'm talking about. The very apex of your art! I want to hear your sinews crack and strain. I want your souls... to enter those microphones and emerge, like ghosts, in the homes of our listeners. There's an army of them out there, groping blindly, toiling in the darkness, waiting... For what? For YOU! For your incandescent, brilliant, palpitating talent to light up their miserable, impoverished, dull, and worthless lives. (pause) Okay gang, take five, and then we'll hit it." — Pedro Carmichael
Stories of the day:
- Nintendo officially launching TVii for Wii U in the US and Canada on December 20th
- Wii U's slow performance will be improved, promises Nintendo president Iwata
- Former Windows president Steven Sinofsky returning to Harvard Business School to teach this spring
- Game developer THQ files for bankruptcy protection, will sell off assets and games
- Five planets possibly found around Tau Ceti, one in habitable zone, researchers say
Missed yesterday's news? Watch more 90 Seconds on The Verge at 90so.tv — and now on iTunes, too!