On The Verge is back! The show returns Friday, April 27th, 2012, with two very special guests: Tony Fadell and Chris Grant. Tony is a former Apple exec who is now the CEO of Nest. We've covered Nest a bunch here at The Verge and we're excited to talk to Tony about his history at Apple, and what Nest can do to keep our podcast room cooler. It gets really hot in there, it's actually becoming a problem.
Chris is going to talk about Polygon. In case you hadn't heard, Polygon is the new name for Vox Games. Don't be surprised if Chris and Josh skip the interview and just play Mario Kart 64 on that giant screen behind the desk.
We're also excited to have Animal Style as a special musical guest along with the usual news, videos, and hilarious interludes.
Motorola is sponsoring the show and they are giving away 50 tickets. That means no waiting in line for 50 people! All you have to do is email Motorola@theverge.com, reply to a confirmation email, and pick up your ticket before 6:30PM. Just like at the box office, it's one ticket per person.
UPDATE: Even though Motorola gave away 50 tickets there are still 200 seats available. If you're in New York you should come to the show!
The show starts at 7:00PM at the BMCC Tribeca Performing Arts Center, located at 199 Chambers Street (between Greenwich and West Streets) in New York City. Directions to the theater can be found here. Tickets for assigned seating will be available at the theater box office starting at 12:00pm on the day of the show. Here's what you need to know:
- There is no admission fee -- tickets are completely free.
- The event is all ages.
- Ticketing will begin at the box office at the BMCC Tribeca Performing Arts Center at 12:00PM on Friday. Once you collect your ticket you can return for house open at 6:30pm, and the show begins at 7:00PM.
- You cannot collect tickets for friends or family -- anyone who would like to come must be present to get a ticket.
- We have limited capacity for seating, so be sure to get there early to get a ticket!
- The venue is located at 199 Chambers Street (between Greenwich and West Streets) in New York City. Check below for directions to the theater.
- The show runs about an hour long.
Directions (see map here):
1 2 3 to Chambers Street stop, walk 2 blocks west on Chambers, entrance is up the ramp and through the main doors.
4 5 6 to Brooklyn Bridge stop, walk 6 blocks west on Chambers.
J M Z to Chambers stop, walk 6 blocks west on Chambers.
A C to Chambers Street stop, walk 3 blocks west on Chambers.
Take M20 to the Chambers Street stop, located directly in front of BMCC.
Take M1 to Chambers, walk west.
Take M6 to Chambers, walk west.
Take M10 to Chambers, walk west.
Take M22 (Crosstown on Chambers), walk west.
Take Staten Island Ferry to South Street. Take 1 2 3 to Chambers, walk 2 blocks west on Chambers, entrance is up the ramp and through the main doors.