In a world where the most powerful and influential companies are often the most misleading to their customers, it is crucial to have a source of information you can count on. That's where The Vegecast comes in; straight-up, hard-hitting real talk you can trust. On today's special delicious smoothie edition, Josh tells the inside story of his interview with Thorstein Heins, Nilay runs through the history of competition in telecommunications, and Paul gives out his PO box number. Sit back, relax, and get ready to be refreshed.
- 00:03:00 - RIM CEO Thorsten Heins interview: 'we have roughly 80 million users today — Nokia doesn't have that'
- 00:28:45 - Five years after the iPhone, carriers are the biggest threat to innovation
- 00:36:55 - DirecTV loses 26 Viacom channels after contract dispute
- 00:56:00 - WSJ: Amazon smartphone in testing, may go into production this year
- 00:56:45 - Fighting words: Apple's 'Post-PC' and Microsoft's 'PC Plus' were never that different
- 00:59:55 - Ouya, the $99, Android-powered, Kickstarter-funded, hackable game console explained
- 01:02:30 - Digg sold to Betaworks, reportedly for $500,000