The Vergecast is back with a very special reunion edition. On today's episode, Nilay and Paul join Josh in the studio for the first time in over six weeks! With a month full of major tech news, Nilay's wedding, and Paul's madcap adventures, the guys have a lot to catch up on. And after a day of celebrating America's Freedom, The Vergecasters take a moment to reflect on the relatively constrained state of the American wireless marketplace. Are carriers acting as a barrier to the pursuit of innovation? Should patent law be governed by the rules of Streetball? Should Nilay run for president? Find out on today's Vergecast.
- 00:06:00 - Android 4.1 Jelly Bean review
- 00:19:20 - Android manufacturers mostly mum on Jelly Bean updates as Google tries to repair a broken system
- 00:27:40 - Galaxy Nexus ban: the full story
- 00:48:10 - Five years after the iPhone, carriers are the biggest threat to innovation
- 01:18:45 - iPad mini: rumors of a smaller Apple tablet
- 01:31:20 - RIM US head: BlackBerry 10 is 'an entirely new way of interacting with the world around us'