Nice guy Joshua Topolsky, meany face Paul miller, and average man Nilay Patel. Three unique humans brought together every week by a shared passion for technology and a love of life. The Vergecast returns for the 43rd time to discuss the news, and more importantly, what it means to you. On the agenda this week: Highlights from Apple vs. Samsung, reviews of the Galaxy Note 10.1 and Windows 8, RIM's latest phones and new ambitions, and Apple's plans to strike a deal with cable operators.
- 00:05:50 - Judge Koh asks Apple's attorneys if they're 'smoking crack'
- 00:06:45 - Apple vs. Samsung: complete coverage of tech's biggest trial
- 00:31:35 - Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 review
- 00:38:10 - RIM revs up: a new QWERTY phone, new software, and new ambitions
- 00:46:50 - Eric Schmidt's California mansion reportedly afflicted by the curse of Kim Kardashian
- 00:51:10 - Windows 8: hands-on with your next OS
- 01:00:35 - Nokia and Microsoft holding Windows Phone 8 press event on September 5th
- 01:04:50 - Apple pitching a set-top box to cable operators, reports WSJ