The Verge Mobile Show is back (as if it ever left)! On this week's episode, Ross fills in for Dieter while he is on assignment, and Vlad gives a special "beta" version of the cold open. Our temporary troika discusses the rumors of a 1080p phone from HTC, which angers Chris. Vlad, meanwhile, reflects on simpler monochromatic times. And does anyone have the marketing muscle to compete with Samsung and Apple in the long term?
- 00:06:00 - HTC preparing a 5-inch phone with 1080p display for September, say reports
- 00:26:10 - Android update for the AT&T HTC One X brings sanity to menu button (updated with changelog)
- 00:30:10 - HTC forecasts poor third quarter results, near-global decline
- 00:44:45 - High and low: what RIM's failure is doing to the people of Waterloo
- 00:47:25 - RIM may need to license BlackBerry 10 to beat competition's 'economy of scale'
- 00:49:20 - Republic Wireless reopens for waitlisted customers with the Motorola Defy XT at $249
- 00:55:55 - T-Mobile MyTouch and MyTouch Q review
- 00:58:00 - This is my next: the Nokia 808 PureView
- 01:02:50 - Apple vs. Samsung: complete coverage of tech's biggest trial
- 01:06:15 - Making mobile games with a 60 percent piracy rate: the 'Dead Trigger' experience