CES is winding down, and while we're furiously applying ChapStick and eyedrops to keep ourselves from drying up and disintegrating, we've taken some time to pick the best of the best from this year's show for the inaugural Verge Awards. From the Oculus Rift to the Samsung easel TV to the Qualcomm keynote we never saw coming, there was a lot to like here — prognosticators be damned, we're pretty excited about the future of technology.
We called the Oculus Rift "Best in Show." It changed Josh's life forever, and it might change the gaming world too. But that's just one of the many, many fun and strange and amazing things we saw. So now it's your turn to tell us: what was the best thing at this year's CES? What new gadget are you already saving your pennies for? What are you furiously backing on Kickstarter, or crossing your fingers that it turns from prototype to product?
Let us know below, and we'll decide once and for all what you, our smart and attractive and knowledgeable readers, will remember from this crazy week in Las Vegas.
What was the best part of CES 2013?
This poll is closed
- 3%Samsung 4K "easel" TV(206 votes)
- 7%Sony Xperia Z(486 votes)
- 1%Vizio 10-inch Android tablet(95 votes)
- 1%Fujifilm X100s(59 votes)
- 4%Lenovo ThinkPad Helix(268 votes)
- 2%Fitbit Flex(150 votes)
- 32%Oculus Rift(2054 votes)
- 4%Pebble smartwatch(271 votes)
- 6%Qualcomm keynote(378 votes)
- 2%Ke$ha(159 votes)
- 4%Nvidia Project Shield(282 votes)
- 19%Sony 4K OLED TV(1232 votes)
- 1%Teenage Engineering OD-11 Cloud Speaker(47 votes)
- 2%Audi self-driving car(115 votes)
- 1%Samsung's cupcake dress(59 votes)
- 2%Hardware startups(157 votes)
- 7%Valve's Steam box(478 votes)