Hoping to become the superhero we all need, Elon Musk has acquired a number of James Bond's gadgets, but he customized them with his own flavor. First up was the garrote watch. Musk purchased it for $1,200, but put another $18,000 in it so that the watch could shoot flames. Next were the dagger shoes. The shoes are traditional black leather and cost roughly $800, but Musk spent another $50,000 to make them shoot flames, plus another $30,000 on insurance. Lastly, Musk bought the original Golden Gun for $80,000, but unfortunately broke it while trying to make the gun shoot flames.
Stories of the day:
- Nexus 5 appears in Google Play store for $349
- Google stock breaks $1,000 for the first time
- PlayStation 3 breaks Xbox 360's 32-month winning streak in the US
- Elon Musk bought James Bond's submarine car and wants to make it transform
- Reboot or die: a visual history of Hollywood's favorite fad
Written by Nathan Cykiert, Nilay Patel, and Ross Miller. Video and Production by Zach Goldstein.