For the past three years, British creative agency Creativespark has put a small collection of limited-edition posters on sale for Halloween. The posters celebrate classic horror movies using typography and bold design, and the collection on sale right now features some stunning prints. This year's selection evokes memorable moments and imagery from The Shining , Psycho, Candyman, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and others.
The 2013 collection is priced at £12 (roughly $19) per 16.5-inch by 11.7-inch poster, and is shipping internationally. All proceeds from the sale will be going towards Forever Manchester, a local non-profit that focuses on bringing positive change to Manchester neighborhoods. There are also a select few prints from the 2011 and 2012 collections on sale, priced between £17 and £25 ($27 and $40).
Update: This article originally stated that Creativespark doesn't ship outside of the UK. However, the company has decided since publication to open up shipping to customers internationally! The article has been altered to reflect that change.
- 'The Shining' — 'Maze' A visit to the hedge maze is a must for anyone staying at the Overlook Hotel.
- 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' — 'One, Two' A child's skipping rope dances around the words to the nursery rhyme from Wes Craven's 1984 slasher.
- 'Psycho' — 'Dirty Night' "Dirty night" are the first words uttered by Norman Bates in Hitchcock's classic horror.
- 'The Sixth Sense' — 'Eye for an Eye' Perhaps the most memorable line in recent cinema history, Haley Joel Osment's famous utterance is highlighted by a hint at another of the movie's iconic moments.
- 'Candyman' — 'Hook' The Candyman's famous hooked hand takes center stage in this typographic print.
'Death Proof' — 'Ladies'
'Death Proof' might not be Tarantino's finest moment, but Kurt Russell's parting dialogue sits beautifully above his "death-proof" car in this poster.