And then there were three.
The latest crime was accompanied by yet another note. "By now you may have surmised the predicament you find yourselves in," the butler read. "This evening did not happen by chance, and you are not the strangers you might think."
I traded glances with the other guests. I knew what kind of people they were, but had I met them? Not that I could remember.
"There is a connection amongst all of you," he said. "Discovering it is your only hope of escaping this house alive."
Stories of the day:
- Windows 8.1 preview: many small tweaks make for a significant update
- Microsoft teases touch-based Office apps for Windows 8.1
- Official Facebook and Flipboard apps coming to Windows 8
- Stand with Wendy: Texas senator's abortion bill filibuster captivates the internet
- Google Now for Android adds cards for live TV, voice actions for music playback
- Google Play editions of HTC One and Galaxy S4 with stock Android available now
Written by Bryan Bishop and Nathan Cykiert. Video by Zach Goldstein and Christian Mazza.