Despite no primetime Emmy nominations — we were assured this year there'd be a category for "Outstanding Multi-Camera Podcast Performance for an Editor (But Not The Video Kind of Editor) With Serious Thoughts About 1980s Science Fiction Cinema" and that we'd have a shot — The Vergecast was gracious to believe it was even possibly considered and will continue onward without resorting to cheap celebrity cameos and plot twists that don't fall within canon. We would never do such a thing. Stay tuned for our non-acceptance speeches, which sound an awful lot like our usual banter. Usual time, 1:00PM PT / 4:00PM ET (and more).
On The Verge, however, will be taking the week off. Top Shelf is still on Mondays from now on and very happy to be there, thanks for asking. And for other podcast indulgences, check out The Verge Mobile Show.
- AT&T's Next phone upgrade plans are a huge ripoff
- Verizon's Edge phone upgrade plan is the same bad ripoff as AT&T Next
- Here's how Elon Musk's Hyperloop might actually work
- Microsoft took a $900 million hit on Surface RT this quarter
- As PC sales slump, Intel's new CEO claims cheap, convertible tablets are the way forward
- Could the NSA use Microsoft's Xbox One to spy on you?
- Surface Watch? Microsoft allegedly testing a 'translucent aluminum' smartwatch
- Apple's secret iWatch team includes small device and fitness experts, claims report
- Netflix receives its first Emmy nominations, nine for 'House of Cards' and three for 'Arrested Development'
- 'Pacific Rim' review: epic, ambitious, and accessible
- Download MP3 (60.6)
- Subscribe to the podcast (iTunes audio)
- Subscribe to the podcast (iTunes video)
- Subscribe to the podcast (Zune)
- Subscribe to the podcast (RSS)
- Subscribe to the podcast (Video RSS)