Take away the celebration, the gusto, the congratulatory back-slaps and and the fat cats with the expensive cigars, and you're left with just one thing. That unrelenting, never-ending desire that is only sated by two words: it's showtime.
Stories of the day:
- SoftBank's $21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint will be complete on July 10th
- FCC officially approves SoftBank buyout of Sprint and Sprint buyout of Clearwire
- Boxee acquired by Samsung, reports peg sale at $30 million
- Boxee Cloud DVR shutting down July 10th in wake of Samsung acquisition
- Hulu bidding war reportedly ends, with AT&T and Peter Chernin submitting a joint bid
- Top iOS apps and games go free ahead of App Store's fifth anniversary
- Free Jay-Z album prompts flood of spammy auto-tweets
- Jay-Z's new album leaks, no longer a Samsung exclusive
Written by Bryan Bishop and Nathan Cykiert. Video and production by Christian Mazza.