Limited and "special" edition video games have long been a popular way to pump more money out of fans, but developer Deep Silver is now taking that concept to its ludicrous extreme. The company just announced a $1 million Saints Row IV "super dangerous wad wad edition," of which only one copy is available. For that insane amount of money, you'll get the expected special edition of the game and some pretty extravagant extras — including a trip into space on the Virgin Galactic, a "full day of spy training," plastic surgery of your choice, a Lamborghini Gallarado, a seven-night stay at the Jefferson Hotel in Washington, DC, and more. There's even a "hostage rescue experience" — though we're not sure if you're being rescued or doing the rescuing.
Introducing the one-of-a-kind @SaintsRow IV #WadWad Edition, yours for $1,000,000! Exclusive to @GAMEdigital - http://t.co/yfxvfDAozC— Deep Silver UK (@DeepSilverUK) August 9, 2013
It's a ridiculous package, but we have to give Deep Silver credit — it's equal parts marketing and mockery of special edition games. The only way to buy the super dangerous edition is through Game.co.uk, and any insanely rich buyer must take exactly what Deep Silver is offering, with no substitutions or cash equivalents. While it almost feels more like a joke than something you can actually buy, we'll have to wait and see if anyone opens up their wallet to be sure.
The full list of bonuses in the Saints Row IV Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition are below:
- Saints Row IV: Commander in Chief Edition
- A full sized replica Dubstep Gun
- A full day of spy training
- A trip to space with Virgin Galactic One year’s membership of E25 Super Car Club and a Lamborghini Gallardo to make it worthwhile
- Plastic Surgery of the purchaser’s choice
- A shopping spree with a personal shopper to create the ultimate Planet Saints capsule wardrobe
- 7 nights for two at The Jefferson Hotel in Washington
- Hostage rescue experience A brand new Toyota Prius and insurance to give something back to the environment
- 7 nights stay in the Top Royal Suite at the Burj-al-arab with flights for two