Sure, he had it in his Wish List, but that doesn't mean he was going to buy it. Adding stuff there was just something you did when you couldn't make up your mind. Take Larry for instance; he'd added that LA paper to his list years ago.
But there it was. Today's Lightning Deal. The timer clicked down...
Jeff hit "Add to Cart."
Stories of the day:
- Breaking: Jeff Bezos buys The Washington Post for $250 million
- DirecTV supports Time Warner Cable, says CBS fees trap customers like a giant, invisible dome
- In vengeful move, CBS blocks web episodes for Time Warner Cable internet subscribers
- CBS channels disappear from Time Warner Cable yet again as negotiations fail
- Time Warner Cable claims it would offer CBS a la carte to resolve ongoing dispute
- BBC names Peter Capaldi as new 'Doctor Who' lead actor
- Tom Hanks pens a love letter to the typewriters of yesteryear
Written by Ross Miller. Video and production by Regina Dellea and Christian Mazza.