It's finally happening: sometime next year, you'll be able to get HBO without a cable subscription. But amidst all the excitement, there's still very important question that has yet to be answered: how much?
Seriously, how much is going to cost us to get HBO without a cable subscription? By some estimates, HBO adds $7 to your monthly cable bill. Last year, we tried to figure out the cheapest ways to get HBO and internet, and even those options (after the first-year promo ends) wound up costing over $70 per month.
Point is, we're not expecting it to be cheap — after all, HBO will remain very close to the ISPs. Still, absent hard numbers, we're curious your own feelings. But don't just select the cheapest option, because this isn't going to affect HBO's decision in any way, shape, or form.
What is the maximum amount you would pay for unbundled HBO Go?
This poll is closed
- 0%Up to $50 per month(32 votes)
- 0%Up to $40 per month(32 votes)
- 3%Up to $30 per month(219 votes)
- 21%Up to $20 per month(1698 votes)
- 67%Up to $10 per month — no more than I'd pay for Netflix(5294 votes)
- 4%Nothing — is there an ad-supported option?(296 votes)
- 4%I don't care about this and just wanted to click on something(331 votes)