Saxophone enthusiast Lisa Simpson closed last night's Treehouse of Horror episode with this terribly meta thought:
"I just had a worrisome thought. If there could be two incarnations of The Simpsons why couldn't some evil marketing entity produce millions of others?"
And so we get this wonderful montage care of "some evil marketing entity," wherein various incarnations of The Simpsons family inspired by various cartoons from around pop culture all descending upon the house.
The cameo-fest starts with 3D Simpsons (possibly a nod to Pixar, given Homer is voiced by the animation studio's go-to actor John Ratzenberger) and a medley of nods to Japanese anime:
- Homer as Roronoa Zoro / "Pirate Hunter Zoro" from One Piece
- Marge as Rangiku Matsumoto from Bleach
- Bart as Naruto, Maggie as Pikachu from Pokemon
- Lisa as Mikasa from Attack on Titan
- Santa's Little Helper as
Shenron from Dragon Ball Zthe dragon form of Haku from Spirited Away
- Adventure Time (in this world, Princess Bubblegum does end up with the Ice King)
- South Park (Maggie is Canadian)
- Archer (Sterling is looking a bit... older... in this incarnation)
- The work of Sylvain Chomet (Triplets of Belleville) who previously did this couch gag
- Despicable Me (as Gru's minions, sans Gru)
- The Island of Dr. Hibbert from "Treehouse of Horror XIII"
Thank you everyone in comments and emails for helping us fill in the gaps!