Here it is, the first full-length trailer for Halo: Nightfall, the live-action series coming to Xbox from executive producer Ridley Scott (i.e. not the Steven Spielberg one). We got a tease in late July, but this video expands on that with a stronger glimpse at the characters and the world.
Halo: Nightfall focuses on agent Jameson Locke, played by Mike Colter, and his investigation into a biological weapon affecting only humans. A multitude of classic weapons from the series seem to make an appearance, including an energy sword wielded by a Covenant soldier. There's actually two quick looks at the Covenant.
And because it's a trailer for an action series, we can't help but notice all the key dramatic one-liners they manage to put in a 2:42 video. Some of our favorites:
- "Death will come to all of us. Especially soldiers."
- "We will not go out like this"
- "My question to you, Commander Locke. How will you lead — and for what?
Locke will be playable in Halo 5: Guardians when it comes out late next year. Halo: Nightfall will be released November 11th with Halo: The Master Chief Collection for Xbox One — which, since you asked, includes the following:
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (the remastered version from 2011)
- Halo 2 Anniversary (similarly remastered)
- Halo 3 (now 1080p and 60 frames per second)
- Halo 4 (ditto)
- Access to Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta
- Halo: Nightfall
The first episode of Nightfall will reportedly premiere the day prior, November 10th, as part of the official HaloFest livestream.