Fondation Louis Vuitton
- A model of the building is on display in one of its 11 gallery spaces. (Gehry Partners LLP)
- The Fondation Louis Vuitton is located in the Bois de Boulogne, between Paris and the La Défense financial district. (Wikimedia Commons)
- A view of the Eiffel Tower from behind the Fondation. (Fondation Louis Vuitton / Facebook)
- The building is encased by 12 diaphanous glass "sails." (Iwan Baan)
- The Fondation Louis Vuitton opened its doors to the public on Monday, after eight years of construction. (Iwan Baan)
- A light installation from the artist Olafur Eliasson lines the lower level "grotto." (Iwan Baan)
- Water cascades from a reflecting pool into a lower level grotto.
- The building has been likened to an iceberg because of its oblique white construction.
- The design was inspired by 19th century glass architecture and garden design.
- Staircases wind through a geometric maze up to the rooftop terraces.
- A diamond-like "LV" brooch greets visitors at the main entrance.
- Wooden beams support the glass sails, creating a nautical aesthetic.
- The building is located on the edge of a 19th century children's park. (Iwan Baan)
- Mann im Matsch ("Man in Mud"), a sculpture by German artist Thomas Schutte, is on display at the Fondation. (© ADAGP, Fondation Louis Vuitton)
- The building empties out onto a large lawn in the Jardin d'Acclimatation. (Fondation Louis Vuitton / Facebook)