Photos from PlayStation's 20th anniversary
- The original PlayStation, complete with Japan-only PocketStation accessory.
- The smaller PSone revision of the original PlayStation. Sony made a compatible flip-up LCD for "portable" usage.
- The PlayStation 2.
- The slim PlayStation 2, one of the most striking console designs to this day.
- The PlayStation 3.
- The slim PlayStation 3.
- The even slimmer PlayStation 3.
- The PlayStation Portable (PSP) family, including the ill-fated digital-only Go model.
- The PS Vita family, with the PS Vita TV — known as PlayStation TV worldwide — up front.
- The 20th Anniversary edition PlayStation 4, styled in the same shade of gray as the original PlayStation.
- Sony Computer Entertainment president Andrew House shows off the special edition PS4.
- Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima takes the stage to receive an award.
- Resident Evil creator and The Evil Within director Shinji Mikami receives an award from new Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and Asia president Atsushi Morita.
- In Japan, it's customary to send businesses congratulatory flowers upon their opening or anniversaries. Here we see bouquets from companies including Capcom and Konami.
- The most impressive bouquet, however, had to come from Disgaea developer Nippon Ichi Software. This is Sony's Japanese mascot, Toro the cat.
- Parappa the Rapper, Um Jammer Lammy, and Vib Ribbon mastermind Masaya Matsuura gave a unique AR-powered live performance.
- PlayStation mascots Ratchet and Sackboy party on the stage.
- Ken Kutaragi, the father of the PlayStation.