Computers on 'Law & Order'
- In early seasons of Law & Order, computers were about as important as desk lamps and stacks of paper.
- The 39th computer in Law & Order, and the first to be switched on; a full-color display wouldn’t appear for another four seasons.
- Just one of 10 instances of a zoom-and-enhance interface — a truly crucial tool — in the name of hard detective work.
- As computers became a more regular staple in the workplace, they move to the center of the desk, where characters frown quizzically into them for about 100 more episodes.
- The baron strikes again at thebaronmuchhumpin.com with a pre-emoji fit of the giggles.
- In the tenth season, justice is served with style on an iMac G3.
- From the tenth season, where this computer appears: "She was talkin' internet this, internet that. I don't know much about it."
- Season 18 ushers in a new era of fancier interfaces and more high-end devices.
- Police work gets with the times in the last few seasons, with characters mentioning ProTools, smartphones, and Craigslist. It isn’t until Season 20, though, that computers stop making the old-school “beep” sound when their keys are pressed.