Smithsonian Magazine's 11th Annual Photo Contest finalists
Celebrating the art and labor that goes into taking stunning photos, the Smithsonian Magazine has published the shortlist of 60 finalists for its 11th Annual Photo Contest.
- Mobile: Cannon Beach in Oregon Photograph by Chaz Wilke (Los Angeles, California). Shot with an iPhone 4S.
- Mobile: calm before the storm Photograph by Darlene Jensen (Richmond Hill, Georgia). Shot with an iPhone 4.
- Mobile: Oak Alley Plantation in Louisiana Photograph by Cammie Cooley (Ragley, Louisiana). Shot with an iPhone 5.
- Mobile: going down a slide in Wisconsin Photograph by James Gardner (Verona, Wisconsin). Shot with an iPhone 5S.
- Mobile: Macaque monkey in Japan Photograph by John Gamble (San Francisco, California). Shot with an iPhone 5.
- Travel: A fisherman on Inle Lake in Myanmar Photograph by Aung Pyae Soe (Yangon, Myanmar). Shot with a Canon EOS 1DX.
- Americana: Black Rock Bijou Theatre at Burning Man 2013 Photograph by Mark Kaplan (Carrollton, Texas). Shot with a Nikon D7100.
- Natural: Wasp on a dewy morning Photograph by Eko Adiyanto (Bekasi, Indonesia). Shot with a Nikon D90.
- People: Fjallsárlón glacier in Iceland Photograph by Candy Feng (Starkville, Mississippi). Shot with a Canon 40D.
- Altered: Mentawai native Photograph by Mohd Irman Ismail (Shah Alam, Malaysia). Shot with a Nikon D7000.