The new tracks and items of 'Mario Kart 8'
- Mario Kart Stadium The very first track in Mario Kart 8 helps ease you into the game's new gravity-defying roads, with a course that twists in impossible ways.
- Water Park Much of this course takes place underwater, where you'll be racing alongside strange mechanical fish.
- Bowser's Castle The headquarters of Mario's arch-nemesis features a rocky, lava-spewing giant at its center, which will periodically punch the road, causing it to ripple uncontrollably.
- Mount Wario This course eschews the traditional three-lap structure, and instead turns kart racing into a downhill ski race.
- Sweet Sweet Canyon The twisting donut and taffy roads of Sweet Sweet Canyon are a great test for your power sliding skills.
- Sunshine Airport Airports are a hectic place at the best of times, and even more so with 16 racers speeding along the runway.
- Rainbow Road Mario Kart 8 turns the infamous Rainbow Road into a complex space station, and the new anti-gravity feature makes this quite possibly the toughest version yet.
- Rainbow Road - Nintendo 64 In addition to the new courses, Mario Kart 8 also features plenty of classic tracks, including the Nintendo 64 version of Rainbow Road. It's still tricky, but feels tame in comparison to the new space-themed version.
- Item 8 Item 8 isn't exactly a new item, but instead a collection of some of the most fun weapons, including the always-helpful red shell.
- Super Horn This seemingly harmless box sends out a pulse that will disrupt any racers or items within range — and that includes defending against the dreaded blue shell. Finally.