'Planet of the Apes' art and production photos
- James Franco and Andy Serkis share a tender in moment in Rise. In the film's original ending, Franco's character Will Rodman dies while taking a bullet for Caesar, but it was ultimately changed because it was too much of a downer.
- Andy Serkis gets into character while wearing a motion capture suit. According to the actor, Caesar was actually a great example of reservation. "People think performance capture is about doing a lot of gross body movement, " he says, "but actually, Caesar was a great lesson in stillness and internalizing everything."
- Many of the scenes that took place in the attic that served as Caesar's bedroom in Rise of the Planet of the Apes were actually shot in this large production studio.
- Human actors pretend to be apes in the midst of a huge battle in Dawn.
- Caesar has become older and more mature in the new film, as depicted in this concept art from the movie's opening moments.
- An early piece of concept art showing the ruins of San Francisco.