Colorful 3-D renderings look like Atlantis
Cities made from code
- Lee Griggs makes colorful 3-D renderings like this.
- The renderings are abstract — almost oceanic.
- The effect makes the viewer feel as if tiny cities are rising out of the floor.
- Griggs uses Maya Xgen and Arnold to create the renderings.
- He tried initial versions in black and white before using the psychedelic colors.
- Many of the images could be Martian landscapes.
- Griggs created a tutorial of the process on his site.
- He's also done some equally surreal work using rendering software.
- Apart from that, Griggs has done less abstract pieces, like modeling Lego figures with software.