Lifetime, a network best known for its paint-by-number tragedy films (see: Rob Lowe as Drew Peterson), is making a Christmas movie based on one of the most recognizable internet memes of the last few years. Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever will air November 29th, and today the network announced an absurdly sensical casting move for such a completely nonsensical movie — Aubrey Plaza will provide the voice of the perturbed, titular feline.
It's a lot to take in, so while you let that information swirl around in your head, we've come up with some other casting suggestions should Lifetime feel compelled to continue down the path of meme-based projects:
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Slender Man in Thinner 2: Even Thinner
- Rob Schneider as the voice of Doge in Wow, Such Christmas
- Drew Barrymore as Ermahgerd Girl in Adam Sandler's Goosebumps
- Alison Brie as Overly Attached Girlfriend in 2Gether 4Ever
- Chris Pratt as the Yes, This is Dog dog in Beethoven's 9th: Barking up the Same Tree
- Rupert Grint as Bad Luck Brian in the direct-to-video Oops, I Did it the First Time
- Ryan Gosling as Ridiculously Photogenic Guy in Love Ran its Course
- Bill Maher as Condescending Wonka in Hard to Chew
- Katt Williams as Antoine Dodson in HIDDEN
- Christoph Waltz as Trololo Guy in Jimmy Kimmel Live: The Movie (with a cameo from Kevin Spacey as Keyboard Cat)
If you've got your own ideas, share them in the comments below!