Sling TV hands-on photos
Hands-on photos of Dish's Sling TV over-the-top internet service, demonstrated at CES 2015.
- Dish CEO Joe Clayton publicly unveiled Sling TV on Monday.
- The Sling TV app is surprisingly impressive at launch.
- It doesn't look like your cable guide because it's not cable.
- ESPN. Wherever you go. For $20.
- If the channel list starts to feel thin, you can also rent movies. 30 days to start watching, and 24 hours to finish — just like everywhere else.
- Some channels let you jump back to episodes from three days ago.
- You can pause and rewind CNN and other channels, but not ESPN.
- Ads are one part of traditional TV that aren't going away.
- $5 "genre" packs like News get you more channels including Bloomberg and HLN.
- It's not quite a DVR, but you can start over most live shows.
- Search pulls results from Sling TV's channels and video-on-demand rentals.