Are you on the market for an odd-looking cute-ute with just 15,000 miles on the clock? How about a modified Isuzu VehiCross that's fully autonomous?
That's what we've got in this eBay listing. Available for a starting bid of just $15,000, this experimental ride was built by Austin Robot Technology with software developed in conjunction with the computer science department at the University of Texas at Austin.
It includes a wide variety of equipment that will be of zero use unless you are looking to build an autonomous car including:
- The modified Isuzu VehiCross
- Computers to receive sensory information and do the driving
- All the software
- The mechanical actuators to interface between the computer and the actual steering, braking, and accelerating bits
- A 180-degree laser scanner
- Lots of other stuff like cameras, battery chargers, and the like
The seller notes the ideal buyers for the car would be a university or engineering firm that wants to work on autonomous driving. Not mentioned: someone who just wants a sweet, sweet ride.