Toy Fair is ever the weird, wild affair, and 2015 is no different. Thousands of industry folks descended on the Javits Center in New York City this weekend to show of the coming year's big toys. As usual, Lego managed to stand out with its ware, but this year is a little bit different for the block company. Unlike recent years, when fans couldn't expect boatloads of nostalgic homages to the likes of Ghostbusters or The Simpsons. Instead, many of Lego's wares were tailor made for the upcoming blockbuster season. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
The set for Jurassic World caught our eye since it shows off the elusive über-dinosaur Indominus rex in all its glory, but the entire set includes the requisite velociraptors and Chris Pratt figures. Elsewhere, we saw sets for Avengers: Age of Ultron, complete with Iron Man's Hulkbuster armor, as well as a set for Ant-Man, which featured scaled-up versions of the Lego bricks for his miniaturized self alongside the normal ones. We also saw plenty of revamped Star Wars sets, but we'll have to wait until later this year to see designs for The Force Awakens. Take a look.
- T-Rex Tracker will sell for $69.99 later this year.
- The massive Indominus Rex set will sell for $129.99 this May.
- Raptor Rampage, complete with a diminutive Chris Pratt, will go for $49.99.
- Dilophosaurus Ambush will cost $29.99.
- This Ant-Man set, with Yellowjacket and a giant bug, will cost just $19.99.
- Yet another Return of the Jedi set for Lego Star Wars fans.
- Avengers Tower from Age of Ultron, all for $59.99.
- The Hulkbuster Armor set will cost $29.99.
Photos by Dante D'Orazio. Additional reporting by Adi Robertson.