SXSW 2015 Toy Story 20th anniversary panel images
At a panel here at SXSW 2015, Pixar's Pete Docter, Galyn Susman, Eben Ostby, and Jim Morris discussed the making of the company's first movie: Toy Story.
- Pete Docter shows off the puppet the Pixar team built to better understand the way Woody's body would move. The face was just a placeholder.
- Docter worked out how Woody would talk and move in these early animation sketches.
- Producer Galyn Susman: “We thought that we would be able to animate the entire film with eight animators. That didn’t happen. We ended up with 33.”
- Early work on the original Toy Story.
- Pixar technical director Eben Ostby.