The best shots from the new Star Wars trailer
- One of the first shots is of a wrecked Star Destroyer. Episode VII takes place years after the fall of The Empire, so it's a nice bit of scenery — unless it's something more.
- Also making cameo: Darth Vader's robotic skull. But who's the one holding it?
- R2D2 is back, as we knew. The voiceover here says the narrator has The Force, so we can assume this is Luke, dismembered hand and all.
- The voiceover here says "my sister has it [The Force]." Are we looking at Leia? If so, why is someone handing over a lightsaber?
- We saw the X-Wings flying above water in the last trailer, too, but I could probably watch an entire movie around this sequence. Oscar Isaac is in the pilot's chair again.
- Our heroes are on the run. Are we looking at the new planet announced by J.J. Abrams during the panel?
- Here's another look at your new Stormtroopers — but what are they marching in front of? What's the logo behind them?
- Some kind of ship is under attack, but why are what appear to be TIE Fighters attacking Stormtroopers? Is there a new player in the Empire game?
- Spiffy armor here, but not many other clues about this Trooper.
- And here is our mysterious, lightsaber-wielding Bad Guy again, this time from the front. What are we looking at under that hood?
- Spoiler alert: they make it out alive.
- If these trailers are any indication, the Millennium Falcon scenes are going to be the moments to beat.
- The TIE Fighter pilot has gotten a killer makeover since the old days.
- They're back! This caps off the trailer, with Han saying simply, "Chewie, we're home."