The old Star Wars crew is back together again. Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher all came out to San Diego for the huge Star Wars panel that's essentially closing out Comic-Con's Friday night. It's a moment that's very clearly put those in attendance in an emotional place. Even Ford is out there smiling.
Hamill and Fisher got back together earlier this year for the Star Wars Celebration event, but Ford, having recently been injured when his small plane crashed, was unable to attend. He's apparently doing "fine" now, but he sustained several injuries, including a broken pelvis and ankle, according to The Hollywood Reporter. That's following an injury to his an ankle during filming. This is reportedly his first public appearance since the crash.
That Ford is able to come out to complete the trio, despite the injuries, quickly turned this panel into a very special moment for Star Wars fans and actors alike. Ford, Hamill, and Fisher spent their time on stage reminiscing and riffing on their old lines. "I really just didn't want to go to Tosche Station to pick up any power converters," Hamill said.
"I read something that I thought was really remarkable."
But the best news for fans is probably that Star Wars' stars all seem to agree that Episode VII was worth coming back for. "It's an emotional rounding of the experience we had in the first films," Ford said. He later elaborated, saying: "I never thought it would come back to bless me instead of haunt me. ... I was very gratified when I read the script, because I read something that I thought was really remarkable. Well written, with some intriguing developments. So I was delighted to be involved."
Maybe it's just an actor talking up his movie, but Disney and Lucasfilm have given us little reason to doubt The Force Awakens' ability to continue Star Wars' legacy. Given all we've seen, we're happy to take Ford at his word. The film comes out December 18th.